Thursday, April 14, 2011

Scoliosis resources to share

When someone is struggling with a medical challenge, the internet can be a portal to knowledge, support and reassurance.

A simple Google search can yield a plethora of online information about scoliosis. Here are some sites that I recommend:

A Teenager’s Guide on How to Cope with Scoliosis : How I wish a resource like this was available during my scoliosis treatment! Haley has compiled an awesome support group for teens; the site is interactive and features a blog, polls, discussion board and space for visitors to share their stories about scoliosis, as well as useful info and links (including Maria Talks Back!).

National Scoliosis Foundation: Great source of information and resources, as well as an interactive forum to connect with other scoliosis patients.

Scoliosis Research Society: More great info, as well as a physician locator page.

Scoliosis Support: An interactive forum for patients, past and present.

Sound for Scoliosis: A nonprofit, endorsed by the National Scoliosis Foundation, that sponsors an annual fundraiser in support of scoliosis research; lots of useful links.

If you have a useful link to share about scoliosis, please let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Maria. My sweet and beautiful 11-year old niece is developing scoliosis as she enters her growth spurt. 34% at present. I will share these sources with her mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish your niece well, Matthew, and hope these sites will be useful during this challenging time.

    All my best,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think...