Thursday, March 11, 2010

Happy Anniversary, 'Maria Talks Back'

It has been one year since I started this blog. Time does indeed fly!

My original goal for entering the blogosphere was to establish an online platform for my memoir, Growing Pains.

Life continues to get in the way of my completing the current revision – I’m just pages away! – but, a lot of unexpected, pleasant things have happened in the meantime.

Most notable: I met Suzette and Emily Schrump, and Katherine Southard (aka, Miss North Carolina). Our crusade to convince United Healthcare to cover Emily’s doctor-prescribed brace treatment for her scoliosis was a rewarding triumph that I cherish. And, after meeting that challenge, we continue to stay in touch via Facebook. That’s how I knew that, today, Emily received her third brace. You grow, girl!

Looking ahead, I resolve to finish this edit on my manuscript and move forward with the next. It seems daunting now, but a lot can happen in a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...