Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Welcome

This is momentous. My first blog, first post. And I don't have a clue where to begin!


I'm starting to blog to talk about my life after spinal surgery. I've had two operations, one at age 13 (for spondylolisthesis) and the other at age 16 (for scoliosis). The experiences made adolescence that much more challenging, but I survived -- and now I'm writing a memoir about it.


When my last body cast was removed, I thought my back troubles were over. Ah, the naivete of youth! However, I admit I have had a much easier time than many others who have had similar procedures. I look forward to hearing about your experiences with the aforementioned conditions -- or anything else you'd care to share.


Thanks for visiting. TTFN.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I do not have personnel experience with what you've endured. I mean have not had back surgery.

    However, I am married to a women who has had, like you (two operations, one at age 13 (for spondylolisthesis) and the other at age 16 (for scoliosis).

    She's the bravest, honest to God greatest person I know.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think...